Monday, September 28, 2009

Web 2.0 tool

Recently, I explored some different web 2.0 tool. The majority of the time I was on the web start pages where I looked at and created an igoogle page. It was a lot of fun and very easy to create. On it, you can add different elements to it, like the weather, date and time, games, youtube, the news, and many other things. I think that this would be a very good classroom tool because you could add friends and groups to collaborate with others on games, youtube, music, and others. The great thing about some of these gadgets is that you could have a classroom page to check the news or the weather or maybe even learn about different time zones. The class could watch different youtube videos and share them with other classes. There is also an art gadget that displays different artists work. Another thing I found interesting was the food/cooking gadget that had different recipes. I am sure that this would be a fun and helpful tool to use in the classroom. It would keep students engaged giving them a sense of belonging to the classroom as well as interacting with people in different parts of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment