Saturday, September 12, 2009

SMART Board

I read this article about the use of Interactive white boards in high school in Cerritos, California. It seems that every classroom from physics to AP English to Biology had one. All of the teachers found uses in its various programs to give their students a more visual and kinesthetic experience in class. Biology students were able to study the anatomy of a frog via SMART Board. English students were able to analyze a poem taking it apart stanza by stanza and comparing one piece of literature to another. Physics students were able to measure the supersonic speed of a jet and see the wakes in the air like that in water.
SMART Boards add a whole other element to the classroom. The teachers are able to engage their students and give them a spin on learning old information in new ways.

http://firma.northwestu.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ehh&AN=13523717&site=ehost-live

1 comment:

  1. I love how versatile the SMART Board is in the classroom setting, it is applicable to just about every subject under the sun! I agree with you that using it in the class lessons helps engage students in a new way and provides great learning opportunities.

    ReplyDelete