Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Why teach?

Growing up we are all faced with the question of what we want to do with our lives, like becoming an actor, architect, musician, mathematician...etc. Through my exploration of the near limitless possibilities--not to mention countless cognitive pro-con lists--I have grown a passion for education. I fell in love with learning, and realized that what makes learning so powerful is the ablility to pass that knowledge on to those around me and, more importantly, to those who need it. It excites me to see people learn something new, even more so when I can help them through the process.

Another love I have is for children. There is something about their curiosity that intrigues me. Kids have a natural thirst for knowledge that "grown-ups" seem to lose. Children are always observing and picking up habits of behavior they see around them. I want to be a good influence of behavior for these little men and women, showing them kindness and gentleness while keeping my role as the leader.

To me, becoming a teacher is a very good way to use my gifts and carry out a purpose filled life. Maybe I won't always be an elementary school teacher, but i'll always be a teacher. And for that, I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment