Teaching is a lot of work. I realized this more and more, and I have a feeling this is not going to get any easier. Though difficult, I know it is entirely worth it. What does it take to be a teacher? Sometimes it seems overwhelming and too much to carry. Our professors teach us little tricks that they have learned throughout the years.
I believe it is one thing to understand the workload, but what about the joy of it all? I think all teachers, who truly love to teach, have an understanding that drives them--a motivation that is not very often described. It lies in the very reasons why this is our chosen profession and every time we remember it inspires us again.
Why are we doing such a difficult job that is under appreciated in so many ways? I often wonder. But the answer is simple. We are not doing it for ourselves.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment