I have noticed in my education classes at NU that their is excitment mixed with fear in teaching. I think that we all question whether or not we are going to be good at this. Though we may have had some sort of teaching experience, we cannot yet understand the fullness of our choice. Our professors do their best to prepare us whether to inspire more enthusiasm or to make us question every last bit of doubt. They have been part of this process for so long that they long to make us excellent teacher or suggest a different occupation. We cannot be anything less than excellent for this career. Not for our sake, but for the lives entrusted to us.
Being a teacher. It is not a job you do for yourself. It is a service you do for others.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great observation -- I sometimes forget that students in this class are in their first semester of the SoE. And perhaps it is the hardest semester in some ways as you move from a "want to be a teacher" state to a "wow, I am learning how to be a teacher" state. Learning and growing is not always easy, but when you see your dream of being a teacher become a reality it will be worth it all.. and that time will be here before you know it.
ReplyDelete