Saturday, October 17, 2009

Reflection #4

Being a good elementary teacher requires humility! Or a sober release of inhibitions.

In reading theories, my classmates and I have had to do a lot of acting and choral reading. And for those who have inhibitions and insecurities it has become a real cure. I have had to realize that teaching really does require acting or performing. Embarrassment cannot be a thought anymore. The great thing is that children love when you have them move around in acting out plays and songs. It allows them to have fun and be playful. Even better, they learn!

I may not feel like doing movements to a choreographed song or rapping in an adapted play from a story we read in class, but the effect works. It stretches my abilities. It will get kids motivated to learn. And who cares what I look like doing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment