Monday, October 12, 2009

Assignment #2

The SMART Board activity I chose is about Benjamin Franklin's achievements. It has many different uses in the SB notebook and can highlight, test, and give information about this figure in American history. The NETS for Teachers 2 "Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments" works perfectly with this SMART Board activity because students can be both formatively and summatively assessed on Benjamin Franklin's Achievements. The NETS for Students 2 "Communication and Collaboration" can also be used in this activity because students would have already researched and learned some things about Benjamin Franklin and would be collaborating with other students in the classroom about what they had learned. I think that I would separate my students into two groups to see what they had learned from one another and how they can communicate it.

There are so many ways that the SMART Board can improve student learning in the classroom. Not only will it engage their attention, but they are forced to learn more because they are interacting in the lessons. And it will be fun for them, which is the best way to get a child to learn. They will be able to use so many tools on it to give their own presentations, to have directions for different activities, to learn about different living systems on Earth and in space, to enhance their own knowledge of technology...I could go on and on. Needless to say, I am very excited to use this tool in the classroom, because I know my students will learn a great deal by it.



http://education.smarttech.com/ste/en-US/Ed+Resource/Lesson+activities/Notebook+Activities/Browse+Notebook/United+States/Elementary/4-6/Social+Studies/Benjamin+Franklins+Achievements.htm

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the activity that you chose. I love that the SMART Board site has so many free lessons/activities available for teachers. I really hope I have a SMART Board in my future classroom! I really liked the new features that you showed us through your activity. The true/false section and the part where you use the eraser were really neat. Watching your acticity made me want to learn how to do all of that myself! I think I might make that my Technology Project... so thank you!

    ReplyDelete