Looking back at my reflection from the beginning of the semester I don't think that my view on technology has changed much. Technology is still a tool and there is a time to use it and there is a time to power down. However, I have learned that it is useful for more than just teaching normal kids. It helps students with various special needs learn in a way they never could before. For instance, kids that are visually impaired or English language learners would find audio books very beneficial. Using an active white board would help so many kids with various learning disabilities. I also realized that technology in some ways saves a lot of pollution natural resources. There are so many other reasons to use technology.
This semester I focused on the NET standards for teachers and students that focused on facilitating and inspiring student creativity and research and information fluency. I got to invent many of my own SMART Board presentations and witness how useful it could be for students to use their creativity to learn. I've observed classrooms that use various kinds of technology which allows students to use their skills in research and acquiring information as well as their creativity. I know that I will use this in the future and will have more opportunity apply these standards in the classroom.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment