The site that I looked at was "Free Technology for Teachers." One of the blogs talked about the National Geographic "Earth Pulse 2010" website. I checked it out and found so many different tools. The blog also mentioned the Vital Statistics feature that shows a map of the world with several statistics that will show if selected. Also you can layer two statistics. I love this feature because it is an amazing resource for teaching geography and social studies.
Also, on the blog they talked about the NASA website and images you can use in the classroom. There are many useful images talking about space, solar system, Earth, and many others that are in public domain.
I really like this blog, because they gave the resource as a link, talked about how it was useful, and ways to apply it in the classroom.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love that you can compare two varied statistics on the virtual stats page. What a great teaching tool. Hope that you will be able to use some of the great web sites that you find in your future classroom.
ReplyDeleteooh cool, the NASA website is really amazing. I love space, planets, moons, and all of that. The website seems like a really great tool for lessons, and a great way to integrate technology into a lesson! I might be able to use this also in the future.
ReplyDelete